Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWS EVE!!!  We had a great time this Halloween, Aja actually got the concept of trick-or-treating and loved it.  We originally had a Elmo costume for Aja that I bought last year on clearance thinking I was so smart.  I thought this year..."I am so happy I am on top of things and I don't have to buy a costume."  Well, 2 nights before Halloween I tried it on her to see how it would work and she freaked out.  She cried the whole time we had it on her.  So 2 nights before Halloween we were one of those procrastinating fools running around to every store in town looking for a costume.  I don't think Johns and I will ever be the organized, put together type.  So we better get used to the last minute craziness.  So Aja was Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty...and she was so cute! 


Here is a picture of us trick-or-treating in a neighborhood in our ward.  We got together for a Halloween party with a few couples in our ward.  We had dinner and then went t-o-t (I am getting sick of typing that) together.  Johns was a doctor, which means he had no costume plan until 10 mins before we were supposed to leave the house.  And I was a pregnant nun!




After the Halloween party we went over to our ward's trunk-or-treat.  We decorated the back of our car.  Kind of a lame attempt but it was fun.  Johns wouldn't let me stick tape on the windows because we got them tinted a couple months ago.  So the decorating options were slim.




Aja looks like a natural Rupp in this picture.  My goal is to try and not have such sweet tooth children as I was as a kid.  But because I still eat a lot of candy, my attempt will most likely fail!



Eric and I carved these pumpkins the night before Halloween.  They were a lot of fun.  But also a lot more work than I thought.  It took me like 2 hours.  I had to show them off because of the time we spent on them.



So here is a belly picture for all those wanting to see me chub out.  This is a pic of me and Diana (a friend in the ward).  We are due a week apart.  It has been fun to have someone pregnant right along with me.  I didn't get that on my last pregnancy.  I started my 3rd trimester exactly on halloween.  It seemed like an appropriate day.


6 comments:

The Airharts said...

Aja looks super cute in her costume! Hadley would have loved the elmo costume-dang! Anyway-thats inpressive that johns can fit in to some of your scrubs-I think Jake has too big of a butt to wear mine. Looks like you had fun-you did more decorating of you car then I did-I just took our pumkins and handed out the candy from the bags. PS-when are you guys coming to visit?

Kristy said...

You are hilarious and going straight to hell for the pregnant nun bit. Haha just kidding I love it! Aja looks so cute as a little princess..cutie pituty. Are you getting excited for that baby??

Tracy said...

That is so funny about Elmo, Jaden freiked out with his costume too. He also freiked out when I put anything on myself or Kale so we were all kind of mellow this year.
It looks lilke you guys had fun, I love the prego nun pic.

Diana said...

Clever...prego nun! I am proud of you for getting on top of it for the upcoming halloween costumes. I should have given you a heads up...every little girl wants to be a princess! Now you know!! I'm glad you have a good ward and friends to be spending the holidays with. You got some really cute pictures too. Props to you guys on the pumpkins. I must admit I've never really attempted to carve a pumpkin in my adult years. I wonder if I could pull one off as amazing as the two of you! So nice job. You're looking great prego by the way! I can't believe you only have 90+ days left! WOW! Any names picked yet???

Elisa said...

Fun Halloween! It rained on us, but at least it was warm...probably not as warm as yours... Love you guys!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I love the princess costume, Aja is adorable! I can picture you and Johns running around town looking for the perfect costume with slim pickings... looks like you found a cute one though! I like to think I am organized but that is totally the type of thing I could see myself doing! Love it.