Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YAY FOR OBAMA!

I am so excited that Obama won the election!  90% of the people who read this blog are Republican so I apologize ahead of time and ask that you will still be my friend.  I am not necessarily a Democrat, but I really like Obama and think he is a going to be a great presidential figure for America, which we desperately need after Bush.  Johns and I watched the election last night and I couldn't believe how fast he won.  One minute he was slightly ahead, and 20 seconds later they had declared him the next president.  It was pretty amazing! 

I also want to say the Prop 8 was passed, which means that California once again only recognizes marriage as a union between a man and a woman.  Hoorah!  The church has been working hard to support that Prop for the past 6 months.  Every day in the last 2 weeks people in our ward have been out sign waving and making phone calls encouraging people to vote.  So A+, all that hard work paid off.  I regret to say I did not do any of it, but I supported with my vote,  hee hee!  Sign waving with a kid just didn't seem like my sort of thing.  Hopefully our country has a better future and economic status ahead!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You two....California is rubbing off on you more than you realize! It is one thing to like Obama, another to vote for him but posting it on your blog how happy you are that he won....wow you guys are just asking for all your Utah family and friends to write you off forever.
I will admit even though I am not nearly the Obama fan you are (well actually not really at all) I am glad that all the African American people have been so happy. That has made it worth it a little bit.

Kristy said...

I am WITH you on this one!! YAY OBAMA!! Chandler and I are so HAPPY he won too!!! See, not ALL Utahns are Republicans :)

sarah sample said...

I love obama! He is a good man, a great father and husband, he is a unifier and is exactly what this country needs! Love it!

Diana said...

It was only a matter of time to read a post about Obama on your blog! As long as you get more money from him than I'm okay with that. That way you can move back to Utah and buy you and me both a home! DEAL. Sorry I haven't called you back. I will this week. All is well. Much to update you with. Love ya. Di

Tracy said...

Please I am ready for a new post!!!