Sunday, April 26, 2009

Johns is 30, OUCH!

Johns recently had his big 3-0 birthday!  This is the first time I have seen him bummed about turning a year older.  I have that breakdown every birthday!  I don't enjoy getting older.  I know I am only getting a year further from my prime.  But it was fun to have actually have his birthday in Utah with family around. He has not celebrated a birthday in Utah for 4 years.  My family had a combined Rach and Johns birthday.



Aja was really excited about the cake, can you tell?


This is Aja's first haircut, which was actually done in San Diego the day before we moved.  I have just been a slacker about blogging so I thought I would throw it in.  I tried to get her to read books and not pay attention to the scissors cutting her hair.  I don't want her to associate scissors with cutting hair (every mothers hope).  But I am sure that joyous day will come when I find her with a pair of scissors in her hand and bangs on the back of her head.  She was really cute about the whole thing.  Every time a piece of hair would fall into the sink she would say "Oh no" in such a concerned way!  We cut about 2 inches.

The whole fam celebrating Easter the day after we got home.  Aja loved the Easter egg hunt!


Aja LOVES dress-ups, I hope that does not mean that she will be a girly girl.  But she cannot get enough of them as you can see.  She had about 5 pounds of bling around her neck!

Beth just went to her Senior Prom.  Beth....is graduating????  This is my baby sister!  That is when I realized how long we have been gone.  This is Tanner (Rachel's fiancee) taking over the father position for my Dad who couldn't be there.  Her date doesn't seem to concerned, I think Tanner has to much of a baby face.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Eric! Welcome to the thirty something group. We miss you all in San Diego.

MBurt said...

Steph, call me! We need to get together! 643-8273. I need to meet Abby. Happy birthday to Johns.

HappyHodges said...

Wow 30! Johns is a old fart, but heck we are fast approaching too! Happy birthday and welcome back to utah! We went private on our blog so if you are interested email me your email and Ill send you a invite! amhodges2004@q.com

Kristie said...

Hey Guys How exciting to be back in Utah. I bet you guys don't even remember us. We knew Eric before he finally came and got you. I met you a couple of times before we left grand forks to come to Utah. I think you have a beautiful family and i just wanted to say congrats and if you need help with a mortgage once you find a home let me know I work for a American Capital Mortgage and can get you a good rate. My email is kconstantine1@hotmail.com and phone is 801-717-0929 even if you just have questions about rates or whatever. Again congrats on moving back and good luck.
Kristie Constantine

sarah sample said...

Happy Birthday Johnson! awesome! how is utah living? love it!
=ss