Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Living in UTAH!

I thought I should give a quick update on what we have been up to.  I do not have any access yet to my own computer so I don't have any pictures...sorry!  We are now living in Utah and things are going great.  We moved a week ago and we drove both cars and a mega penske moving truck across 4 states.  PARTAY!  Johns's Dad, Marvin, flew down and drove the moving truck for us.  Then Johns and I each drove one of the cars, but somehow I ended up with both kids in my car... I do not know how I got tricked into that!  The kids were really good up until the last hour of the drive and then they pretty much lost it.  I had a starving 2 month old and a 2-year old screaming "Mipunks" at me which means she wants to watch the Chipmunk Adventure.  But over all everything went quit smoothly considering the Johnson organization skills. 

 
We are living at my parents house until we can find our own.  We actually found a house that we love and are going to look at it again tomorrow.  It is kind of nerve racking buying a house.  It is one thing to look at houses. but its a whole other thing to actually buy a house.  I can't imagine spending that much money!  I thought the rent in Cali was bad.  The house we found is located in Kaysville in a neighborhood across the street from Cherry Hill.  It is a nice neighborhood with a few churches (only in Utah), an elementary school, and a couple parks located in it.  There are also a lot of kids in the area, so that will be fun.  I will let you know if we end up buying the house.
 
Johns begins working out at Salt Lake tower on Thursday.  He got a couple weeks off for the move.  He took a dude trip down to Moab this last weekend to go mountain biking.  They did 4 trails within 2 days.  They all came back pretty beat up, but there were no broken bones or missing teeth, so I was quite happy with the end results.  I hold my breath whenever Johns goes mountain biking.  He had a blast!

Aja loves being in Utah with all our family and friends.  She has never seen so many kids in her life.  There are endless options of kids to play with.  She cannot get enough.  And she gets constant attention from someone in my parents house.  She might be getting a little spoiled. But I guess she has been deprived of the family spoiling her for the last 2 years, so they are just making up for it!
 
Abby is doing good.  We are planning on blessing her within the next couple weeks.  She is getting to be a little bit of a chunk, I love those little arm and leg rolls!  Just like Aja as a baby. She was 11.5 pounds at her 2 month old appt.  She is still colicky in the evening but other than that is a really calm, sweet baby.
 
All is well here in Bount.  I hope all of you are doing great, and I will be checking all your blogs to get caught up with what is going on. 

1 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Welcome back to Utah guys! I will remember to think twice before I hop on a plane here ;)