Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update on the new baby!

Sooo...update on the future Johnson baby!  What to say?  Well, right now we are planning on me being induced on January 30th.  I am not due until Feb 6th but there have been a few minor problems going on that have my OB feeling it would be safer to take the baby at 39 weeks instead of waiting for full term.  I just finished up work this last weekend (YAAAAA!) and am planning on having the baby by next Friday.  I have been going to the OB twice a week for the last few weeks and he is putting me on a fetal monitor and checking my amniotic fluid.  You all thought the once a week appts were bad, try going twice a week.  So far everything has been fine, and we are going for the 39 week mark.  But if there are any complications before my induction date they will induce me that day.  The OB concerns are that my stomach is measuring about 8 centimeters smaller than it should be, and I haven't gained weight for about 2 months.  And after doing an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago, he said that my placenta is wearing out early.  Yipee!  So just to be safe we are going to force little Abby out in about a week and a half.  So there is the low-down for you all.   Other than that things are great!  We will keep up updated.

6 comments:

Lindy said...

Sorry that it gets so stressful at the end--but it sounds like your doctors have a good handle on the situation. I went through the same thing with both Camden and Sidney (child #1 and #3). I was induced a couple weeks early with both of them and everything was worked out fine. Good luck! Yay for baby!

Diana said...

Hey, that can't be that bad! You really did look to fantastic to be full term! I'm glad you have an alert doctor. We can't wait to hear. We will pray all will go well.

Kristy said...

I'm excited for you guys! Hope everything goes smoothly and can't wait to see pics!

Lisa Rupp said...

This is the first time I've seen your blog. Really, I think it's the first time I've seen Aja too. She's adorable! I can't wait to see Abby! Cute name by the way.

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I am soooo excited for you! Wow... 2 little ones, you will have your hands full! Are you planning on working with the new arrival? I know you were working per-diem which is always nice to pick and choose when you want to work. Good luck with everything! Love the name Abby by the way!

MBurt said...

Oh, I hope everything is okay. Keep us posted. Talmage started to lose weight acccording to the measurements during my last 3 weeks and so I was induced. He was fine but my placenta maxed out early. Cute blog, glad that I get to see pics and stay up to date with your life a little more.